Standard A.CED.2 – Create equations in two or more variables to represent relationships between quantities; graph equations on coordinate axes with labels and scales.
a. Focus on applying linear and simple exponential expressions. (A1, M1)
b. Focus on applying simple quadratic expressions. (A1, M2)
c. Extend to include more complicated function situations with the option to graph with technology. (A2, M3)
Vocabulary for this standard: equation, variable, relation, ordered pair, graph, coordinate axis, x-axis, y-axis, scale, label
- teacher.desmos.com – a custom exercise to remind students how to read a graph.
- Dan Meyer’s Graphing Stories worksheet videos for worksheet 1 2
- Graphing Stories Additional Videos
- teacher.desmos.com : Graphing Stories whole class activity
- teacher.desmos.com : Will it hit the hoop? (quadratic graphing story)